- Suitable for sheep or calves
- Capacity 2 Tonne
- Dimensions 2.4m (L) x 1.9m (W) x 1.54 (H)
The Paton 2 tonne Sheep Feeder is designed with the same lick door system as other models but the trough profile and feeder height is changed to suit smaller animals.
This feeder is suitable for feeding grain, pellets or heavy chopped and mixed feeds, all depending on the door opening setting. The trough and lick door system contain no sharp or rough edges. They are designed to be soft on the animals mouths while functional for accessing feed. The lick doors can be cranked right down to only allow several grains at a time to be drawn into the animals mouth. The tongue of the animals saliva acts as a blotter to draw up the grain into their mouth. The restriction plate at the back of the trough makes mouth access to the feed very limited meaning only their tongues can draw feed up leaving their mouths dry and encouraging animals to move off to drink after a short visit.
- Exterior heavy duty frame to prevent damage from machinery operators
- Strong sub-frames to provide the ideal lifting support when moving the unit
- Internal bracing
- Large swing open hinged lid
- Tow Lugs
- Simple and easy to adjust lick doors
- Suitable for both grain and heavy chopped or mixed feed
- 100% galvanised construction for longevity
- Sheep trough profile
- Shorter sub-frame